Monday, January 24, 2011

Chinese New Year Card

This year, the Chinese new year is on the 3rd of February.  I made this little card to celebrate and join in the festivities in the year of the rabbit.



I made this card using Tim Holtz distressing inks from Ranger - Broken China and Peeled Paint. Also used the resist embossing technique to draw to make the embossed images POP!

I took inspiration from oriental wall hangings such as the one below,

where multiple panels are hung together to reveal a story. This worked beautifully on this card, don't ya think?

Finally added Text that says "Happy New Year" in Mandarin. The papers I used are Eastern Promise by Dovecraft.

Do let me know what you think. I've entered this card in the Cardmaking and Papercraft challenge.

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment